UCSF Data Classification Standard & Restricted Data Types
First step: Wynton accounts
If you either don’t have a Wynton HPC account or if you already have a Wynton account, but it is not authorized to use PHI, fill out the Request a Wynton Account / Modify an Existing account form on the Wynton - Join the Cluster page.
All PHI users must sign a Statement of Responsibility form agreeing to the responsibilities of handling PII and/or PHI data and take the training in the handling of PII/PHI data and keep the training up to date.
Wynton PHI user responsibilities
- Read and comply with the Wynton HPC User Agreement and Disclaimer
- Abide by the statement of Wynton HPC Purpose, Principles and Governance
- PHI users must use PHI-specific nodes to connect to Wynton
- login/data transfer:
- Data containing PHI must not be transferred to, mounted on, or processed with any Wynton HPC cluster resources outside of the PHI-designated
- Additionally, PIs using PHI on Wynton or approving users that use PHI on Wynton:
- The PI is responsible for ensuring that any user they approve that is added to Wynton that accesses data that requires IRB approval, is listed on the IRB
- The PI must notify Wynton of any approved users whose access needs to be removed or is no longer required
- The PI must notify Wynton when departing UCSF and transfer to another UCSF owner or archive their projects and data
- PIs must communicate any change in security requirements in research agreements to Wynton admins
- If you have questions regarding the security status of your data, please contact the UCSF Privacy Office